Wednesday, July 06, 2016

First Concert Ever

Day 18: What was the first concert you attended?

I can't be too sure about this one. I believe it's between Kabah and Fey. Embarrassing, I know, but hey, it was the 90's. I'm gonna go with Kabah though, because 18 years later I saw them again!!! As part of the 90's comebacks fever, Kabah joined OV7 (another 80's and 90's Mexican pop band) and are currently touring Mexico (and making my 13 year old self's dream come true).

My first Kabah concert was some time in May of 1998. I remember this because my attendance was some sort of birthday present from my parents. Many of my friends were there too and we were psyched. They had just released their 'Esperanto' record which went on to become my favorite. 

When they announced they were joining OV7 for a national tour I told A we HAD to go see them. All my girlfriends saw them in Veracruz and one of them even said she'd come with us to see them in Puebla again. And so my sister, my friend, A and I went on to see them back in February.

I don't have any pictures of that concert in 1998, but here's a bunch from last February :)

We've got tickets to a pop show...
The gang before the gig :)
Put on the boots, take off the sneakers

Kabah in their signature yellow outfit from like 25 years ago
All the girls
Kabah girls and OV7 boys
Everyone 

The end 

ps. We went to lunch before the concert and half of Kabah was there!!! You can see René and Daniela's back and hair. Federica was also there, but out of frame.Best Concert Ever!g.


No comments:

Post a Comment