Friday, July 29, 2016

30 Day Challenge Wrap-up

So, it took 60 days, but it happened. I finished the 30 day challenge!!!



I think I did a pretty good job considering I had a work trip and then spent some time in my hometown where it is virtually impossible to get anything done. Of course, getting not one but two puppies, visiting every family member I hadn't seen in months, going to the pool and out for coffee with friends and my parents also had a little to do with that.



But hey, better late than not at all, right? Here's what I learned in the process:

This challenge is hard. Not in that the things you have to do are hard kind of way, but in the fact that writing a post every day, really takes time. I get that many if not most of the blogs out there post every day, but also, most of the bloggers out there are dedicated full time to it, which is not my case. Finding the time during my day to write was hard most days, but others, I was able to write three posts. It really depended on how busy my schedule was, which varies from day to day.

One thing that really helped, was the fact that I didn't need to think about what to write, which is really the beauty of the challenge itself. Honestly I don't know how full time bloggers do it, come up with original content ALL THE TIME. It takes time and patience and a lot of work. Not that I didn't appreciate it before, but I got a small taste of what it's like to be a full time blogger, and it is indeed a lot of work. Plus all big shot bloggers have partnerships and sponsors and go on book tours and meetings in other cities, so my guess is their plates are pretty fool too, which makes me appreciate their work even more.

Overall, I really enjoyed doing this, mostly because I got to write a lot, but also because most days I really had to think about my answers. It made me reflect upon many things, reminisce about others and discover a few I more. It is really a personal exercise that I recommend vastly for every blogger out there.

What do you think? would you take the 30 day challenge? If so, do let me know, I'd love to read some answers!

g.

ps. All #30daychallenge posts are in the June & July archive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment