Friday, July 22, 2016

All Time Faves: Disney Character

Day 25: Who is your favorite Disney character and why?

My guess is I've said this plenty times already but this is a tough one. I LOVE Disney. I love everything about Disney. I even worked there for one summer. I love Disney so much that making me chose just one favorite character is practically impossible. Yet, after literally perusing a list of Disney characters, one name stood out for me: Hercules.

To be honest, the movie holds such a special place in my heart. I remember seeing it at the movie theater (oldest one in Veracruz which no longer even exists). For my last year of secondary school my class did a theatrical production (an adaptation) of this movie and presented it in front of the whole school (I was one of the muses). How could I not love it?

But Hercules, man. He was the best. First of all how he is taken away from his home and family, having to grow up without everything he was entitled to. Bummer. Then, I think like most of us, going through a super awkward phase growing up as the weird, clumsy kid. Facing bullying and name calling for 'being different'.

I love that he knew he was special and different and he wasn't gonna let anyone tell him otherwise. I love how he had a dream and went ahead and fought to become who he was meant to be (going the distance, haha), a true hero. I love that he never stopped being that clumsy kid with a big heart, who even chose love over everything he fought for (returning to Mount Olympus with his family). I mean, what's not to love? Plus it does help that he has Ricky Martin's voice in the latin version :)

So there. Hercules is my favorite Disney character. What's yours?

g.

ps. Read about How I became a Disney Cast Member here.

*Image via here.

No comments:

Post a Comment