Thursday, July 28, 2016

Blogging

Day 30: Why did you start blogging and what is the origin behind your blog's name?

I started blogging in 2004 after spending some time in Mexico City with my boyfriend. I had never spent so much time in a city like that one and was instantly amazed at all the great things to see and places to eat and visit and shop... I was really inspired. I guess that blog started as a way to share that inspiration, which I don't think ever actually happened.

Moreover, blogging for me has always been about sharing bits of my life. How I'm feeling/dealing with certain things more so than sharing DIY projects or outfit inspiration, although there were the occassional posts on that subject.

But as everything in life, times change and so do a few other things. When I started this blog, I felt different than I did when I started the first one. I'm just in a different place in life and I'm hoping that is reflected here.

Also, I've always liked writing, although never for the purpose of it. I used to write stories with characters and situations and jokes and drama, loads of drama. But now I just enjoy writing for the pleasure of it. 

I guess unlike every other blog out there, mine does not have a specific theme or topic. I'm not really into fashion. I'm not dedicated to the kitchen. I can't share tips on parenthood or marriage cause I'm neither a parent nor a wife. I don't have the resources or the time to become a full time DIYer or party planner (as much as I'd like that). I'm not going to share architecture tips cause that would just be boring. 

So instead I share things about my life and favorite things. Some people might find it boring. Others might find it interesting and may even be encouraged to try/visit some places. It's like one friend said 'I may not be perfect, but I never try to be anything I'm not and I am not here to impress anyone else'.

The name of the blog has naturally everything to do with my name. Picking a blog's name is really hard. There are a lot of blogs out there with 'name formulas', but I could never come up with any of those (chocolate&musicals doesn't sound great). And then there are those that describe what the blog is about, but 'I share everything I can think of' didn't have a nice ring either, so I figured 'including' my name so to speak (Gris=Gray) and then the word project (cause I'm an architect and architects work on projects) had a nice ring, since the blog is well, my life's project. I know, right?

g.

No comments:

Post a Comment