Tuesday, July 26, 2016

All Time Faves: Bands

Day 28: What are your top 3 favorite bands?

What does it take for a band to be considered a favorite? do I need to have every single record they ever made? been to at least one of their concerts? like ALL their songs? If that's the case then I don't have a favorite band, but here's three bands I love:

1. Blink 182. The obsessions started when their hit album Enema of the State came out in 1999 (I'm all about the 90's). After that, I looked all of their older stuff up and continue to follow their career up to their self tittled album. I'm actually really excited that they are releasing a new album this year (California), but before I get that, I need to catch up with what came in between: Neighborhoods. I've seen them live once (they came to Mexico ages ago) and I don't have all their records nor do I like all their songs.I think what I like about Blink 182 is their music over their lyrics. Usually I'm more of a lyrics person, but despite what their songs say, their music just makes me happy. (Image via here)


2. The Ataris. Remember that time (in the 90's, of course) when you'd make friends in online chat rooms? Well, back then I met this guy named Sam. He introduced me to The Ataris and many other bands of the sort. That's how I started listening to punk rock music, when I was in Secondary school. What stood out from The Ataris over the other bands was also their music and occasionally their lyrics too. I felt like their music had messages of love, friendship and family and over all, it made me happy to listen to it. I don't have all their records (just a couple), I've never seen them live,  and I stopped following their career. But we'll always have San Dimas High School Football Rules. (Image via here)

3. Maroon 5. There's more to Maroon 5 than just how hot Adam Levine is. I love their music AND lyrics, possibly more than the music itself. I don't have ANY of their records but I've seen them live once. (Image via here)

Other bands I really like include Imagine Dragons, Mumford and Sons, Green Day, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, Sum 41, All American Rejects, Simple Plan, Unwritten Law, MxPx, Mest, Coldplay, Keane, One Republic, Lifehouse and Florence and the Machine, amongst many, many more. 

What are your top 3 favorite bands?

g.

*Cover image via here


No comments:

Post a Comment