Exactly 2 years ago on my bithday I shared a post on my former blog about 28 things I had learned in the previous year*. Today I'd like to update that list as it is pretty much current and just add a couple more items to it. This is basically a translation from that blog post from 2013. Without further ado, here it goes:
1. People don't change. It doesn't matter how hard we try to make them. It is sad, but sometimes we're better off letting go...
2. Great changes are preceded by chaos.
3. You'll never leave where you are if you don't know where you're going.
4. Start before you're ready and if you don't know where to begin, begin anywhere.
5. Sometimes on the chase of a dream we get lost and find a better one.
6. Other times, the dreams that come true are the ones we didn't know we had.
7. Dreams don't work unless we do.
8. Nothing truly great comes easily.
9. When things seem complicated, look again, always look again.
10. The only expectations we should live up to are our own.
11. Remind yourself that it is ok not to be perfect. No one is.
12. What screws us up most in life is the 'image' of what 'it should be'.
13. It doesn't matter if I'm not out and about every weekend, as long as I am ok with that.
14. Best friends aren't always those you've known the longest or those you get to see more often.
15. Living alone is great, but it is not easy or cheap.
16. It is ok to spend money on things YOU enjoy, whether it is a CH bag or paper goodies for crafting.
17. If you don't feel right on your own skin, you can't expect others to feel right around you.
18. It is totally worth it having a job that makes you happy rather than one that pays the rent but makes you miserable.
19. Even when you don't get the credit you deserve, do not doubt your abilities or your work.
20. Without the support of our loved ones, we would be nothing (ps. call your mom and dad).
21. Distance can make the heart grow fonder, but it can also make people grow apart.
22. Even though we don't always express how we feel, it doesn't mean it is not there.
23. We don't need people's approval.
24. No matter how tired or stressed we feel, we are never to neglect those we love.
25. Professional success isn't measured by how money you make, just as personal success isn't about getting married or having kids. It is about being happy.
26. It is perfectly ok to demand what we think we deserve.
27. When you love what you do, you don't work a day in your life.
28. No matter how hard things are, we'll always be able to go throw them and come back stronger.
29. Go to the dentist regularly.
30. Take care of your body: exercise, eat your veggies, drink more water, get enough sleep.
Notice how those last two are health related? Man, getting older is tough!