Friday, April 03, 2015

Brave Lunches


My first #FoodieFriday post ever could not be written about other than Bravo Loncherías de México. If you're ever in Mexico City it is a must (it actually was named one of the 50 places you must try in the city). The concept is very laid back, and it is the perfect spot for a delicious,  quick meal. It is basically a tortería (mexican sandwich shop) where the three chefs (Bernardo, Luis and Rodrigo) elevate clasic mexican ingredients into sigh worthy, sofisticated, mouth watering masterpieces.


They serve breakfast and lunches and I've been lucky enough to try both. On my first visit, I had a special guest with me, a common friend of Luis and myself, that he hadn't seen in probably nine years. Indhi had a torta de rabo de res while I had a torta de suadero (suadero is a typical ingredient in Mexican tacos). Needless to say they were both to die for.


On another ocassion, it was my parents that were lucky enough to enjoy some breakfast at this lovely spot. We had a sandwich Benedictino (eggs Benedict), a sandwich de claras (egg whites) and Belgian waffles with berries. They also serve home made rolls and fresh fruit and juices. The best part? Tastes as good as it looks ;) aaannnd, for a great price.

I fully support Mexican talent and these three guys are a great example. They also run a foodtruck (Primario) that can be found around the city during Foodtruck Bazars and masive events like music festivals. But more on that some other time. Meanwhile, visit their Facebook page or follow them on Twitter to learn where to find them. And next time you're in the city, make sure you pay them a visit, trust me, you won't regret it ;).

g.

No comments:

Post a Comment