Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Disney Legacy



I mentioned in a recent post that my sister and I had been in Mexico City for 24 hours recently. In her case, it was for an interview. That interview was for a position as a Disney Cast Member in their Cultural Representative Program.

The Disney CRP is a one year program where participants get to work in the EPCOT Pavilion of their home country, in the different areas (f&b, attractions and merchandise). Naturally, they get to live in Orlando and many, many other perks. I should know a thing or two about that.

Back in 2005 (that's almost 10 years ago), I worked at Disney. It was a different program though, the Disney International College Program, and to my dislike, it was only for the summer, 11 weeks, that is. This May will be the 10th anniversary of when everything started, so naturally, I will prepare a series of posts about it (can't contain my excitement).

Gaby had been meaning to apply for the longest time, but the timing was never right, until now. Ten years after I did. It's just right. She couldn't be more of a perfect candidate. She did study tourism and what better place to learn the busines than the Happiest Place on Earth. I couldn't be happier or any more excited that my little sister is following my footsteps and that she's about to embark on the greatest adventure of her life.

She's not even gone yet and we are already planning our visit to celebrate my 30th birthday. It's gonna be magical.

g.

No comments:

Post a Comment