Thursday, September 22, 2016

Mexican (Mini) Smores

Would you believe me if I said I have never eaten a s'more? I've had s'more bars, s'more poptarts, and s'more cupcakes, but never the real thing. Now, since Graham crackers aren't available where I live I had to improvise and make my own Mexican version (in honor of September being the National Holidays month) and also because summer is ending.


I snapped a chocolate bar in many pieces and with three marshmallows cut in thirds (they were very long) I made nine mini s'mores, which is enough for two people as a light dessert (I got plenty of cookies and marshmallows left in the package for another time).


To heat up the marshmallow I put it through a fork and heated each one separately on the stove top, then transported it with the help of the cookie on top of the chocolate piece and covered it with said cookie, resulting in these tiny and delicious messes. The perfect way to end summer and welcome Pumpkin Spice Latte season :)



Think you will try the Mexican version of s'mores?

ps. I think these would be easier to handle with regular size Galletas MarĂ­as.

No comments:

Post a Comment